The fifth employment-based preference Visa programs to the United States – more commonly referred to as "EB-5" – is one of the most popular and flexible citizenship by investment program anywhere in the world. The program provides qualified participants and their immediate family members a pathway to permanent US residency and citizenship in exchange for investment into job-creating local enterprises.
The EB-5 program was created in 1990 by an act of the US Congress to stimulate the US economy. It is administered by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and seeks to bolster job creation in local communities through the investment of foreign capital.
Specifically, EB-5 petitioner applicants must invest into a government-approved business in the United States via one of two options;
· $500,000 USD for projects within a Targeted Employment Area (“TEA”); or
· $1,000,000 USD for projects in a non-designated area.
To qualify for an EB-5 visa, an applicant must invest in a new commercial enterprise either directly or invest through a USCIS approved Regional Center.
A minimum of 10 jobs must be created for every petitioner applicant who invests in a project. Investment through approved Regional Centers has become very popular, as they allow for the additional credit of “Indirectly Created Jobs”. Regional Centers actively manage projects, create project offerings and generally assist in USCIS application procedures.
Benefits Of EB-5
The United States’ EB-5 program is firmly established, and provides a secure option through which foreign participants can build Wealth Without Borders™.
EB-5 advantages include:
· Direct route to a Permanent Residency (“Green Card”) in the US for the investor
and their immediate family
· You select the safe and secure investment opportunity while the Regional Center
manages all aspects of the EB-5 project
· No requirement for age, business experience, education or language skills
· Fast and efficient processing by an experienced and dedicated legal team
· Few residency restrictions; participants may make their home anywhere in the US
· A US Green Card or citizenship gives you access to the same high quality
healthcare enjoyed by US citizens
· Free education in the US Public Schools system
The petition of a qualified applicant may also include a spouse and dependent children under 21, thus permitting an entire family to immigrate to the United States. Naturalized US citizens and US Permanent Residents enjoy most of the same rights and privileges as natural born US citizens, including a free public school system, lower tuition fees at US colleges, and freedom to live and work anywhere in the United States.
EB-5 Investment Process
The helpful timeline diagram below offers estimated EB-5 processing times and helps you know what to expect as you navigate the program.
Click the image below to view the EB-5 process
USREDA: Your Trusted Partner
United States Regional Economic Development Authority (“USREDA”) and its global affiliates are leaders in EB-5 processing, and are poised to connect qualified investors with highly competitive citizenship by investment programs. The time is right to leverage USREDA’s experience and track record of success. Contact us today to learn how USREDA excels in building wealth without borders for its clients.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the EB-5 Program:
· Be at least 21 years of age
· Able to show legal source of funds & assets
· Choose one of the available EB-5 investment options